Skip to main content

Perfection is an Illusion




 I'm only human, I'm not perfect. That's the emotional excuse humans give.

But are we really imperfect?

If we all agree we are imperfect, why do we frown at people who got their body/look via surgery?

They are obviously imperfect and want to be perfect. Isn't that what the world wants so what's the problem?

You know l use to be among the crowd that chant "No one is perfect" but l left that crowd when l realized Perfection is an Illusion.

Perfection is based on individual opinion.

Perfection means different things to different people based on their beliefs.

Does perfection mean l have to be like the person you want me to be?

Does it mean getting all thing right and nothing wrong?

Does it mean living my entire life trying to be good enough for everyone (is this even possible)?

Imperfection is a word society coined to fuel low self-esteem. Is there a yardstick to measure perfection or it's just in our head that we can never be perfect?

If l do anything wrong that's a mistake it doesn't call for imperception.

I don't know about you but I'm perfect

"I am art"

Made by the finest and most celebrated artist

He looked at me and called me perfect even with my flaws

I was made perfect even before I was born

If you perceive my flaws and scars which l got from the society as imperfection

Then you insult my maker


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Women Hate Working With Other Women

One of the reasons most Women hate working with women colleagues/ superiority is the fact that they can’t get away with being unproductive. An Istock Image by Fizkes A male superior might overlook some behaviors but a female superior won’t especially if the behavior is constant  When a male colleague complains about a female colleague, a male superior is likely to blame the man for fighting a woman and will remind the man that women are weak and they are stronger and ought to help them. So men rarely complain and they would finish any pending task of the woman to avoid talks from superiors  When a female complains about another female, male superiors will have to find a solution without placing the blame on anyone even if he tries to advise the oldest employee to be the bigger person- he knows he has to get to a 50-50 conclusion.  Now imagine a female reporting to a female superior. So most women would rather love to work with men that they can easily dump their tasks on than work wi

6 Type of Friends or People To Avoid

  Those who will never apologize. They can never say they are sorry. Those who make a mistake then blame you or someone else for their mistake. They would claim it was something you did that led to their action. They can’t accept responsibility.  Those who commit an error yet insist that they are still correct. I'm not sure if it's due to ignorance or a constant desire to be right.  Those who pretend they really want to help but behind your back, they are actually the ones declining your offer. They will give different ideas on ways to try, encourage you that you’re the best but won’t give you a chance People who hold back praise and badger but berate you when you fail. They shield your 99 good then share your 1 bad. If anyone is exhibiting any character you love and admire and sincerely want it to continue, then never cease to tell them, pride them, etc. Selfish people: the truth is we are all selfish, we want good things to happen to us. However, we can’t be oblivion to the f

A Poetic Formal Letter to MEMAC Ogilvy

Listening to Rory Sutherland (vice-chairman of the Ogilvy) sparked an infinite interest in marketing in a young writer/social media marketer who’s fantasizing about both of us getting married and building a home together. I am thrilled to say I want to be a part of you (an unpaid internship) position at MEMAC Ogilvy Dubai , United Arab Emirates.  I am passionate about the new meaning of marketing, making marketing Psychological rather than logical. I would love to channel my skills as a writer and Marketing Intern. I'm not going to presume that you don't give a damn about the other ladies I've been with. So, while in Nigeria, I was in a relationship with a Tech company ( JD Lab ) as a writer and social media marketer. I don't typically do this, however, I became intimate with another lady (TEDxMinna) as a writer and social media Team Leader. I swear it wasn't long. I was in charge of managing the social media profiles and producing material for them. These women an